Image Map

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

24 Hour Graphic Organizer Freebie

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am beyond excited that it is Tuesday because it is now THANKSGIVING BREAK! I know we are all in much need of this break. What fun things did you do in your classroom today? We had our fall festival, which turned out to be about 100 pounds of potato chips! Since I am so excited about the break, I decided to make my graphic organizer bundle a 24 hour freebie! It will then bump up to $3.00. These graphic organizers are common core aligned and focus on close reading by going back into the text to support ideas. Download this short term freebie HERE. You may also click the preview below to take you to my TpT Store! Then, see below at how I incorporate these into guided reading and really take on "detective" to a new meaning :)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Graphic-Organizer-Bundle-Common-Core-Aligned-997113



To make guided reading even more fun with these graphic organizers, I made it "detective" themed. My students LOVE being detectives. It really motivates them to try and find answers in the text. I added some "detective gear" to my guided reading materials. Hello, Dollar Tree! Just add some funny glasses and call yourself a detective. Works like a charm for my third graders!

I can't take pictures of my kids' faces, so enjoy this!


 You'd be surprised how serious they take themselves in these glasses. It's almost hard for me to keep a straight face :)


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow my blog, Pinterest, Twitter, and TpT Store to stay updated on the latest news at The Elementary Life!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're back to blogging! I am a vpk assistant, I can just imagine the kids playing pretend detectives and loving it. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete