Image Map

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Black History Month Part I

Black History Month is approaching quickly. I'm running around thinking, what am I going to do? I have a few good books that I'd like to read (Ruby Bridges and Henry's Freedom Box). What should I do with them? Then I had an idea...we've been cramming the Common Core into our heads and yelling "TEXT EVIDENCE!" So, I decided to create some graphic organizers that focus on character traits so my students CAN determine character traits and use text evidence to support them. A graphic organizer isn't enough, so I added an extended response prompt. The reason I chose character traits for Black History Month is because I want my kids to really get to know these people and understand why they have the character traits that they have. If the didn't go through struggles and perservere through difficult times, would they be the same person?
 
Here are some great resources that I found on Black History Month:
 
 
 
 
Check out my product that you can get here.



This product includes 12 graphic organizers!
Ruby Bridges, Martin Luther King, Jr., Harriet Tubman, Sarah E. Wood, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglas, Jessie Owens, Marcus Garvey, Sojournor Truth, and Thurgood Marshall.


 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you and check out your blog. Follow me and leave me your blog name so I can check it out! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment