Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

Classroom Library Organization

Happy Friday everyone! I was lucky enough to have a half day all to myself in my classroom on Wednesday! We had an in-service the first half of the day and then it was organization station in my room! My library before Wednesday included great books, but they weren't organized or showcased, so I don't think my students took the time to look through them. I went on Teachers Pay Teachers and found an AMAZING freebie from Jessica Tobin's store: Book Tub Labels! They were owl themed which is my classroom theme so I had to download these. There are so many labels included with this product. I laminated all of them and only used a handful because I don't have much space in my classroom for a large library. I picked a few genres I wanted to stick with and organized it that way.
 
Check out my library BEFORE I organized....
 
Look at the heaping pile of books falling off the shelf! Makes my head spin just looking at it!
 
AFTER:
 
I can breathe now! This makes me happy just looking at it. And I must say, my kids were actually looking in the library this week! Organization really is an important component in a successful classroom.
 








 
How do you have your classroom library organized? Don't forget to head over to Jessica's store to grab this awesome freebie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment